Although JSA is a year round organization, our primary goal is to have members attend conventions. As Director of Chapter Internal Affairs I have extensive experience in aiding chapters with registration, which has led me to come up with various strategies to increase attendance.
- Give $10 scholarships for every delegate coming from chapters that have never attended conventions before
- The chapter that has the greatest increase in attendance relative to their last convention will win a full ride scholarship for a delegate to attend the next convention
- Combine schools onto the same bus to reduce convention price
- Create a registration hotline for Chapter Presidents to contact for when they need assistance solving registration crises
- Work to change the dates of conventions so they better align with students schedules
- ie: avoid Winter Congress on Super Bowl Sunday, Spring State farther from AP Testing